Medellin has a tropical rainforest climate with an average high temperature of 74°F and an average low temperature of 54°F.
- Language: The main language spoken in Medellin is Spanish and English is very limited but spoken in many larger hotels.
- Currency: The official currency is the Colombian Peso. Most areas only accept the peso, but major credit cards are widely accepted.
- Electricity: The standard electricity supply in Medellin is the same as the US (110 volts) with two-prong outlets.
- Passport/ Immigration: All US citizens must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity when traveling to and from Medellin.
- Drinking Water: Water in Medellin is mostly safe, but bottled water is recommended.
- Time Zone: COT- Colombian Time.
- Peak Season: The peak travel season for Medellin is from December to March.
- Best Known for: Medellin is best known for being the “city of eternal spring”
Things to Do/ Attractions
Medellin offers visitors a number of ways to get their adrenaline going, many of which offer spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. Cali may be the salsa capital of Colombia, but there are plenty of dance studios in Medellin where you can learn salsa dancing and other Latin styles, including the bachata and tango. Visit the Museum of Antioquia and look at artwork from artists such as Fernando Botero and Pedro Nel Gómez.
The nightlife options in Medellin are limited early in the week, but the activity in bars and dance clubs slowly begins to pick up pace on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. For the reggaeton lovers head over to the Barrio Colombia where you can find numerous bars and huge clubs such as Prizma. For a more “local” experience, Calle 33 has many cheap bars and cool places to dance. Parque Lleras is the heart of Medellin’s Zona Rosa in the upscale Poblado neighborhood. Block after block is packed with bars, clubs and restaurants and the streets and park itself are filled with partiers Thursday – Saturday.
All of our clients are met and greeted at the airport upon arrival by our local representatives. We offer expert guidance, personalized service and competitive pricing 24 hours a day. Our primary focus is to offer you support and assistance while traveling so your visit to Colombia is one of the most pleasant and unforgettable experiences of your life.