San Andres Climate
San Andres has a tropical rainforest with an average high temperature of 84°F and an average low temperature of 76°F.
- Language: The main language spoken in San Andres is Spanish and English is very limited but spoken in many larger hotels.
- Currency: The official currency is the Colombian peso. Most areas only accept the peso, but major credit cards are widely accepted.
- Electricity: The standard electricity supply is the same as the US (110 volts) with two-prong outlets.
- Passport/ Immigration: All US citizens must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity when traveling to and from San Andres.
- Drinking Water: To be safe, it is recommended to drink and brush your teeth with bottled water.
- Time Zone: COT- Colombian Time.
- Peak Season: The peak travel season is from April to May and November to December.
- Best Known for: San Andres is best known for its picturesque beaches, coral reefs and coves.
Things to Do/ Attractions
- Go scuba diving at one of the 35 dive sites and experience for yourself the beauty of the coral reefs. After exploring the sea cave, you can visit the adjacent Coconut Museum, which houses a collection of old artifacts and tools from the days of the coconut boom. Walk across the islands beautiful beaches. You can hike or take a horseback ride to the summit, where you will find the island’s oldest church. Take a plantation tour of West View Point or Job Saas Farm to learn about local culture and customs, and see local craftsmen making items from coconut wood.
The biggest and most famous club/disco in town is Blue Deep. In high season it is open 7 days a week and offers live music ranging from Salsa, reggaeton to techno and house music. After some dances you might want to relax and drink something in a more laidback club, Banzai is the place to be. Banzai is a cocktail bar which is popular with the locals and offers a chic and relaxing ambiance.
All of our clients are met and greeted at the airport upon arrival by our local representatives. We offer expert guidance, personalized service and competitive pricing 24 hours a day. Our primary focus is to offer you support and assistance while traveling so your visit to Colombia is one of the most pleasant and unforgettable experiences of your life.